Wednesday, December 9, 2015

El Herradero: Real, Authentic Mexican Food




                                                                                                                                  
 El Herradero has two different locations in Pocatello. Their first location is on Jefferson Avenue and the other is on Arthur Avenue.
   I had originally only been to the one located on Arthur Avenue and was very impressed, the Jefferson Avenue one was closer to my home so I went there this time.
   To be blunt, the only thing that was good was the food. When my partner and I went there it was pretty slow, about two other customers. We weren't greeted, so we seated ourselves.
   After waiting for 15 minutes we were finally brought some homemade tortilla chips, beans, and salsa.


   As we waited for the waitress to return to take our order, I looked around the restaurant. The walls were decorated in Mexican and Corona art.

   The floors were dirty and a couple tables next to us were piled with dirty dishes and good. These tables weren't cleaned until after we left (about an hour later.)
   When the waitress finally came to take our order we ordered a couple beers, some water, and two super burritos. I was expecting our food to take as long as the waitress had been that night. Surprisingly it only took ten minutes.
           

            
























   The food was delicious. I filled up on chips, salsa, beans, along with the rice and beans that came with the two foot burrito. I brought the burrito home for leftovers.
   We never saw the waitress again after she brought our food; no refills on our drinks and no one brought us the check. I went and retrieved the check myself along with take home containers I asked for when our orders were placed.
            My rating, on a scale of one to five, for the restaurant is as follows:
                        Food: 5
                        Appearance: 3
                        Service: 1




No comments:

Post a Comment