Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Lei's Mongolian BBQ Scores with Homestyle Asian Food in Chubbuck, Idaho




Noodle dish and sides
            Lei's Mongolian BBQ provides a low-key atmosphere that makes you feel comfortable enough to eat as many endless bowls of Asian noodles as you can possibly fit into your stomach. As a thriving college student, the obvious menu choice is the all-you-can-eat buffet ($9.99). The all-you-can-eat noodle dish is the most popular dish that the restaurant offers. 

Mary Lei and I after my visit
Once I had settled on the all-you-can-eat buffet, the food making was really up to me. In large refrigerated food containers was a variety of vegetable, noodle and meat options. Being able to make your own noodle dish gives you the opportunity to choose the flavors you want by combining your favorite veggies, meats, and sauces. Frozen crab, beef, pork and chicken were all options of meat to choose from as well as vegetables like carrots, zucchini, onions, water chestnuts, lettuce, green peppers, and more.


Mary cooking my noodle dish
After I finished creating my own noodle dish, Mary took my bowl and threw it on the fryer. It only took a few minutes for her to toss my noodles around and they were done.

Overall, the experience satisfied my taste buds and filled my stomach to its fullest. The food was delicious and was definitely worth the $10. Trip Advisor scores Lei's at a 3.5 while Yelp rates the Mongolian BBQ joint at a 4. Although the place isn’t fancy or modern, it is well worth your time, appetite, and money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment